Below are our terms for the use of this Website, whether as a guest or a registered user – please read these terms carefully before using this Website.
- “cvphoto.co.uk”, “Us”, “Our” and “We” all refer to this Website, or the owner of it, which Website belongs to Chanon deValois Photography (company number [NUMBER]), a private company registered in England and Wales with its registered office address at 26 Little Meadow, Writtle, Essex, CM1 3LG. Chanon deValois Photography is a trading name and [un]registered trademark of Chanon deValois Photography.
- “You” refers to you the visitor and, or customer.
- “Website” means this website at cvphoto.co.uk.
- Access to website
- You can access most parts of this Website without having to register any details with us. This includes all articles, guides, news and product information pages within the Website. [Access to our customer control panel is only available to registered members. Registration is free.]
- It is for you to make the proper arrangements for you to access this Website. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your Internet connection are aware of this Agreement, and that they comply with it.
- Our Website is intended for people in the United Kingdom. Content available on our site may not be suitable or accessible from other countries. We may restrict the availability of our Website or our services or goods to any person or country at any time without prior notice. If you access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- Use of website and services
- Any material that is available free of charge on this Website you are permitted to use for your own personal use, but not for distribution (including sharing or making available for use by others by any means, whether free of charge or for payment) or resale. You promise that you will not resell or otherwise attempt to commercially benefit from the Website content.
- All intellectual property (including without limitation copyright) in this Website and its content belongs to us or our licensors and are protected by copyright laws around the world. You have permission to print one copy and download extracts of any web page(s) from our Website for (a) your personal use and (b) to mention to colleagues in your organisation. You do not have permission to use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio files separately from any accompanying text. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material must always be acknowledged and you must not use the material on the Website in a derogatory manner.
- Otherwise than in accordance with clause 3.1, no part of this Website may be used without our prior permission.
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be free from bugs or viruses or protected at all times against hacking. You are responsible for setting up your computer to access our Website and using appropriate firewall and virus protection software.
- Our terms and conditions of supply will apply if you purchase goods or services from our Website.
- Site uptime
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this Website is unavailable at any time. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will be available uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues, but shall not be obliged to do so.
- Visitor conduct
- When using this Website you must not attempt unauthorised access to our Website, the servers on which our Website or database are stored or any servers, computer or database connected to our site, and you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
- for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
- that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom; or
- which is harmful in nature, including, and without limitation, denial-of-service attacks, computer viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this Website in breach of Paragraph 2.
- If a third party alleges that content posted by you on our site is in breach of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy, we may disclose your identity to such third party.
- Your account and password
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user log-in or password as part of our security procedures, you must keep such information confidential.
- If you suspect anyone else knows your user log-in or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address if you have problems with logging in or access.
- Links to and from other websites
- Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed to by us in writing;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
- If you choose to link to our Website in breach of Paragraph 2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- Disclaimer and exclusion of liability – please read carefully
- Our Website is made available free of charge. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct at the time of first publishing. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website or the absence of inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice, including corrections. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up-to-date. We are not liable to send you notice of any changes or corrections made.
- The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
- All information and services are provided “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind. We disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information and services, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
- Any information on the Website in many cases will be an abbreviated and simplified summary for general use or general guidance only, and is not a substitute for taking specific advice on your own situation from an appropriate expert. Before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content of our Website, you must obtain suitable advice from a professional or specialist.
- You use the Website at your own risk – neither we, nor our agents, employees and sub-contractors, shall be liable to you or any other party for any losses or damages whatsoever or howsoever arising in connection with the website (whether under these terms and conditions or other contract or as a result of any misrepresentation, misstatement or tortious act or omission, including negligence).
- Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website) shall be liable or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our Website. This exclusion shall include (without limitation) servicing or repair costs and any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort, contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
- We shall have no liability to any users for loss (whether in contract, tort, including without limitation negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, and whether foreseeable or not) relating to:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of, or reliance on, the contents of our Website.
- In addition if you are a business user, we will not be liable to you for:
- lost profit or turnover;
- interruption or disruption of your business;
- your failure to make anticipated savings;
- lost business opportunities or damage to your goodwill or reputation; or
- indirect or consequential losses.
- In addition if you are a consumer, you agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we shall have no liability to you for anything mentioned in Paragraphs 8.1 to 8.8.5.
- We shall have no liability to you for any losses caused by a distributed denial-of-service attacks, computer viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data that may damage your computer system, software and data from your use of our Website or your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under English law.
- If any part of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, including, but not limited to, the above disclaimers and liability limitations, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed to be replaced by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the Agreement will continue in effect.
- Unless otherwise specified, this Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between you and us with respect to the use of the Website and it supersedes all prior communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the use of the Website.
- You must not assign or otherwise transfer the Agreement, or any right granted under it, without our written consent. We can freely transfer our rights under the Agreement.
- Any failure by us to enforce or exercise any provision of the Agreement, or any related right, will not be a waiver of that provision or right.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Agreement, by email, regular mail, postings on the Website, or other reasonable means now known or developed in the future.
- Governing jurisdiction
- These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with these Terms are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Chanon deValois at our address 26 Little Meadow, Writtle, CM1 3LG
- By using the Website you consent to this We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
- We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you [wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter or other resources, or] are making a purchase from us.
- We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
- Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Chanon deValois Photography will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
- We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR. I use an externally hosted third party to provide your service and to securely store your data when you contact me via the online form on my website or email.
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties’ products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
- If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties’] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to email@example.com at any time.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
- If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
- As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA – this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
- We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
- Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
- You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. A SSL certificate has been purchased in relation to this website and all precautions have been taken to protect your privacy.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
- You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
- The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
- You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your date. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com
Changes to this policy
- We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Version: April 2018